What we offer
At C.E.A. Scholtes & Associates, the client comes first. We assign dedicated, responsive staff to each account that you will come to know, appreciate and enjoy working with. Additionally, our entire team is comprised of all-W-2 professional staff employed by the Firm – we do not hire outside contractors domestically or internationally. This allows for timely, expertly prepared monthly reporting and analysis that you can rely on. We utilize safe, secure, and advanced technologies to engage with clients and 3rd party providers.
- Back office remote (and onsite) accounting and full bookkeeping services
- Grant accounting and grant analysis in accordance with ASU 2018-08
- Implementation of technical accounting standards in accordance with US GAAP (Generally Accepted Accounting Principles)
- Financial reporting – balance sheet, income statement, statement of cash flows, income statement actual v. budget with comments on material fluctuations, executive narrative, metrics (graphical, quantitative and qualitative)
- Budget assistance – preparation, management discussion, presentation to finance committee, boards and ownership groups, load budget into general ledger accounting system
- Cash flow projections – preparation, regularly updated and presented to management, finance committees and boards. Frequency can be tailored (weekly, monthly, quarterly).
- Accounting projects – project-based spreadsheet analysis
- Audit preparation – we are an audit firm so we understand the language of your auditors. We prepare all the schedules needed to conduct the audit and serve as liaisons between management and the audit firm. Our work ensures a smooth process.
- Internal control evaluation and implementation – with all new accounting clients we prepare a “mapping document” which outlines who does what and when with respect to the accounting and finance function. We build in internal controls with each key processing cycle (cash receipts, cash disbursements, payroll, financial reporting, etc.)
- We test internal controls for our clients via an Agreed Upon Procedures Engagement – see “Attest and Assurance”
Attest & Assurance Services
- Audits – conducted in accordance with U.S. Generally Accepted Auditing Standards, an audit is the highest form of assurance a CPA can render on a set of financial statements. An audit involves gaining an understand of internal controls and testing those controls, analytical procedures, substantive testing and much more. We prepare all financial statements and required note disclosures.
- Reviews – conducted under SSARS (Statements on Standards for Accounting and Review Services), a review primarily consists of analytical procedures, ratio analysis, inquiry and observations.
- Compilations – takes your internal financial statements and a comprehensive review of the statements is performed with some following inquiry and we prepare the statements on the Firm’s letterhead once questions are resolved. No assurance is provided and this is the least costly statement that we can issue under SSARS.
- Agreed Upon Procedures – Usually performed in conjunction with a Fraud Investigation, very specific procedures are selected, testwork follows and the results are reported and oftentimes recommendations are provided too.
- Click Here for Peer Reviews